Last Updated on
- Detergents:- Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Triethanolamine Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Laureth Sulphate
- Conditioners:– Hydrolysed Animal Protein, Quaternium-15, Amphoteric-2
- Thickeners:- Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, Glycol Stearate
- Preservatives:– Propylparaben
- UV- Proctectants
- Fruit Acids
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids
- Botanical Extracts
- Herbal Extracts
- Egg Extract
Normally there is no health benefit derived from most of the above ingredients of any brand of Shampoo.
Ingredients of Shampoo that Work are the following:-
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate
- Detergents:- Clean the scalp and hair
- Guar HydroxyPropylTrimonium Chloride:-Promotes Smoothness and Volume to hair
- Dimethicone:- Coats the hair adding Softness
Many of the less expensive/low quality shampoo products contain the basic ingredients which will improve hair, but will leave out the fluff ingredients. Antioxidants and botanical extracts will make the shampoo more beneficial. Hair shampoos are highly formulated products based on a limited range of cosmetically acceptable surface active agents, plus conditioning agents, pearling agents, antimicrobials, colours and fragrance. Herbal Shampoos and Egg Shampoos are also available for better conditioning of our Hair and Scalp. If you have dandruff, a Shampoo bath with the appropriate Dandruff Shampoo will help to get rid of dandruff.
Shampoo can be applied to the head even daily but not more than once. However it is advisable to use shampoo once in two days, or twice weekly. After applying shampoo and massaging the scalp, you can wait for some time to allow the shampoo to enter into the skin pores of the scalp. While taking bath after applying shampoo you must assure that you thoroughly clean the head and scalp, removing particles of shampoo.
As the Toilet Soaps will contain more powerful detergents, you should not apply soap, instead of Hair shampoo or Conditioner to your head or scalp.
Related Reading: “Take Bath Daily”