Snoring will be:-
- Loud and Unpleasant
Normally, any human being male or female of any age will snore. The percentage of snoring men are more than the percentage of snoring women.
Snoring will increase because of the following reasons:-
- Old Age
- Increased Weight/Obesity
- Sleeping positions
- Stages of Sleep
- Taking in Alcohol
- Anatomical Structure of Mouth, Nose and Throat
- Mouth Breathing
- Throat weakness, causing the throat to close during sleep
- Mispositioned jaw caused by tension in the muscles
- Fat gathering in and around the throat
- Obstruction in the nasal passage
When the intensity and sound of snoring becomes more and if snoring becomes regular, steps for stopping or reducing snoring must be taken. The person snoring normally will not be aware of his snoring and only the persons sleeping with or near the snoring person will be affected or disturbed by the peculiar sound coming from the snoring person.
Snoring will cause:-
- Daytime Drowsiness
- Lack of focus and
- Sleep deprivation to:-
- People near and around the snorers
Loud Snorers are at high risk of:-
- Heart Disease
- Pychological and Social Damage due to the complaints by people who live with them and also by outsiders disturbed by the snoring
Snoring will be normally found and recognized by others, who sleep near and around the snorer.
The treatments for snoring will be based on clearing the blockage in the breathing passage. Snorers are advised to:-
- Reduce their weight
- Stop smoking
- Sleep on their sides to prevent the tongue from blocking the throat
Patients with the complaint of acute snoring will have to undergo a Sleep Study to assess the intensity of their snoring. The patients diagnosed as acute Snorers can have some minor treatments to reduce snoring. In remote cases surgery is done to remove the obstructions behind the throat to stop or reduce snoring. The surgery for snoring has got the related risks of affecting the voice of the patients.