Last Updated on
Fruits are very important for our health having many nutrients vitamins and minerals. Fruits are of various kinds and different types. Some fruits can be eaten with the skin. Some fruits must be eaten after peeling the skin. Many fruits will have flesh portion and seeds inside. Some fruits will have only one or a few seeds and some fruits will have many seeds. Pomegranate is a rare fruit in which we will have only the seeds to be eaten.
Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants/vitamins and enzymes which will keep LDL Cholesterol levels. Organic Pomegranates work like Aspirins and keep the blood diluted avoiding/preventing blood clots and blockage in the blood vessels.
- Lower Risk of Heart Disease
- Lower Risk of Prostate & Breast Cancers
- Lessen Symptoms of Diarrhea
- Reduce Cholesterol
- Control Body Weight
To cut and eat Pomegrantes we have to:
- Cut off the crown and remove the outer cover of the fruit
- Score and slice the rind all around, but don’t cut the rind all the way through
- Soak the pomegranate face down in cold water for about ten minutes
- Break apart the scored rinds while the pomegranate is still in the bowl of water
- Remove the seeds from the flesh/the seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl.
- Remove the rind and membrane from the bowl with a sieve or spoon
- Drain the seeds with a colander and pat dry with a paper towel.
- The Pomegranate seeds can be eaten raw
- Juice can be made of the pomegranate seeds and drunk
- Take care to avoid staining our hands/table etc by the juicy red tint of the pomegranate seeds