Last Updated on
Once a Businessman was interviewing persons for a post of Branch Manager for one of his divisions. He asked the same question to all the persons who attended the interview. His question was “ How much is 2+2 ?” An Engineer, a Mathematician, a Physicist, a Logician, a Social worker, a Lawyer, a Trader and a Chartered Accountant were attending the interview.
When the businessman asked the question “How much is 2+2?”:-
- The Engineer pulled out his slide rule and shuffled it back and forth and finally said, “ It lies between 3.98 and 4.02”.
- The Mathematician answered, “ In ten minutes I can explain to you and show that it is neither more than nor less than 4, by two alternative methods.”
- The physicist said, “It is in the magnitude of 1×101″
- The logician paused for a long while and then said, “This problem is solvable.”
- The social worker said, “I do not know the exact answer, however, I am glad that we discussed an important question.”
- The lawyer said, “In the case of Stevenson vs. Robinson and others, 2+2 was indicated to be 4 by the learned Judge .”
- The trader asked the Businessman, “ Can you tell me whether you are going to buy or sell so that he can answer accordingly.”
- The Chartered Accountant looked at the business owner, then got out of his chair, went to see if anyone was listening at the door and pulled the drapes. Then he returned to the business owner, leaned across the desk and said in a low voice, “What would you like it to be? We will make it according to your requirement.”