Last Updated on
(As on 01st January 2011)
Minimum Age- 18 years and Maximum Age- 28 years.
Relaxation of Age for Reserved Candidates as per Government Guidelines, as given below:-
1. SC/ST candidates by 5 years.
2. Other Backward Classes by 3 years.
3. VH/HI/OH by 10 years.
4. Ex-Serviceman: 3 years in addition to the usual period of service in the Defence forces subject to a maximum age of 50 years.
5. Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands who have not re-married by 9 years i.e. subject to a maximum age of -35- years for General Category Candidates, -38- years for OBC Candidates and -40- years for SC/ST Candidates.
6. All persons who have ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of J & K State during 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989 by 5 years.
7. The Children/Family Members of those who died in the 1984 riots by 5 years. Persons eligible under age relaxation under this criterion must produce a certificate from the District Magistrate to the effect that they are eligible for relief in terms of the Rehabilitation Package for 1984 Riot Affected Persons sanctioned by the Government and communicated vide Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Financial Services communication No. F.No. 9/21/2006-IR dated 27.07.2007.
8. Relaxation in upper age limit is cumulative as per Government guidelines, subject to maximum of -50- years.
1. A Pass with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen) in HSC of 10 + 2 (10+2+3) pattern / 11th Standard of (11+1+3) pattern or Intermediate / Pre-University or any equivalent examination / Diploma in Banking recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Admn.
Degree in any discipline from a recognized University OR any equivalent qualification recognized by Central Government.
- For Ex-Servicemen (who do not possess the above) a pass in Service (Departmental) Examination which is recognized as equivalent to Civil Examination not below the rank of Higher Secondary School Examination.
- All Educational Qualifications should be from recognized University / Central / State / U.T. Administration.
2. Should be able to write and speak English fluently.
3. Knowledge of local / State language for which he desires to apply, will be an added qualification.
4. Computer Literacy – Should possess a certificate in Computer Literacy
How To Apply:-
- Candidates are required to apply On-Line through website www.bankofbaroda.com.– No other means/ mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment project. Bank may send call letters for written test, interview etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID to/ or of any other person.
- In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line.
- Applicants are first required to go to the Bank’s website www.bankofbaroda.com and click on the link “Recruitment”.
- Thereafter, open the Recruitment Notification entitled “RECRUITMENT OF -1500- CLERICAL STAFF – PROJECT 2011”.
- Take a Print of the entire Recruitment Notification, including the “FEE PAYMENT CHALLAN’.
- Fill in the Fee Payment Challan in a clear and legible handwriting in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Go to the nearest Bank of Baroda Branch with the Fee payment Challan and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in Account No.29040200000199 with Bandra Kurla Complex Branch in favour of “RECRUITMENT OF -1500- CLERICAL STAFF – PROJECT 2011”.
The amount of fee to be paid is indicated below :
Amount of Fees/Postage (Non-refundable)
- For Candidates under SC/ST/Persons With Disability (PWD) :Rs. 50/-
- For Candidates under GEN/OBC/Ex-Servicemen:Rs.200/-
- Obtain the Applicant’s Counterfoil Copy of the Application Fee Payment Challan duly received by the Bank with (a) Branch Name & Code Number, (b) Journal/Scroll number / Transaction ID (c) Date of Deposit & amount filled by the Branch Official.
- Candidates are now ready to Apply On-Line by re-visiting the Recruitment Page of the Bank’s website and going to the sublink titled “ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT OF -1500- CLERICAL STAFF- PROJECT 2011”. Click on this sublink will open up the appropriate On-Line Application Format.
- Carefully fill in the necessary details from the Fee Payment Challan in the On-Line Application Form at the appropriate places.
- Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of written test. Without counterfoil of the fee payment challan the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the written test. Candidates are therefore advised to keep -3- PHOTOCOPIES of the fee payment challan for future use.
- The name of the candidate or his/her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- There is provision to modify the submitted on-line application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct details in on-line application, if any.
- This modification facility shall be available after -2- days of registration and upto 15.02.2011. Modification will be allowed only -3- times.• After the last date, NO modification will be permitted.
Dates For Payment of Fees at Bank Of Baroda Branches:
From 17th January 2011 To 10th February 2011
Bank’s Website Link will be open: From 17.01.2011 To 10.02.2011
Date of Written Test: 17th April 2011,Sunday.
Fees deposited after 10th February 2011 will not be entertained by the Bank.
1. Alleligible candidates will be called for a Written Test which will be of Objective type. The Objective Test consists of (i) Reasoning ability (ii) Numerical ability (iii) Clerical Aptitude (iv) English (v) Socio-Economic, Banking Awareness (vi) Computer Awareness. There will be negative marks for the wrong answers in the Objective Test. Candidates will have to pass in each of the Objective Tests.
2. Candidates shall have the option to answer the Test Papers either in English or Hindi.
3. Depending upon the number of vacancies, only those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the Written Test will be called for Interview.
4. Final selection will be on the basis of the ranking accorded after adding the marks obtained in the Written Test and Interview.
5. Other detailed information regarding the written examination will be given in the “Acquaint Yourself” booklet which will be made available to the candidate along with the call-letter.
The Bank reserves the right, if required to hold a second stage of written test on the basis of order of merit in the written examination of first stage, as referred above. If the second stage of written test is held, the subsequent process of interview and further process would be on the basis of order of merit of the second stage examination.
For the List of Centers for the Written Test visit the Bank’s website.
The date of the Written Test is Tentatively Fixed as 17th April 2011. However, it will be intimated in the Call Letter along with the Center/Venue for the Examination, well in advance of the date of the Written Examination. Any change in date of written test shall be intimated on Bank’s Website.
All eligible candidates will be issued call-letters at the correspondence address given by them in their online application which will be sent by post & also informed by email.
Candidates who do not receive call-letter should contact in person at the address for the respective Centers given in the Annexure “A’ of Bank’s website furnishing his/her Name, Address, Registration Number & production of fee payment challan.
Candidates can also download their call letters from 12.04.2011 to 16.04.2011 from the Bank’s website.
Those short listed candidates in the order of ranking in the written test as per the cut-off marks determined by the Bank shall be called for interview & the decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final.
The Selected candidates after the Interview will be on ‘Probation’ for a Minimum period of 6 months. Before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited Clerical Staff will be evaluated and the probation period of those staff whose performance fails to meet Bank’s expectation, may be extended.
For More Detailed Instructions and for Applying Visit:-
Bank of Baroda’s Website.