Last Updated on
After completion of the counting of the votes on 22nd July 2012, the UPA’s Presidential nominee Mr.Pranab Mukherjee has been declared elected as the 14th President of India –
( Mr.Pranab Mukherjee is the 13th person to take charge as the 14th President of India as the 1st and the 2nd Presidents of India had been one and the same Dr.Rajendra Prasad)
on 22nd July 2012, after the completion of counting of votes of the MP’s & the MLA’s throughout India.
According to the Returning Officer for the 2012 Presidential Election, the following are the details of votes secured by the two contestants of the most thrilling Presidential elections-2012:
- Total Votes secured by Mr.Pranab Mukherjee: 713,937 – 69.31 % of the total valid votes polled,
- Total votes secured by Mr.P.A.Sangma: 315,987 – 30.69%. of the total valid votes polled,
- 527 MP’s voted for Pranab with a value of 3,73,116 and
- 206 MP’s voted for Sangma with a value of 1, 45,848,
- 28 MP’s did not vote and
- Votes of 15 votes including that of Mr.Mulayam Singh Yadav were invalid,
- Of the above 15 invalid votes 9 were to be in favour of Mr.Pranab Mukherjee and 6 in favour of Mr.P.A. Sangma.