Last Updated on
having with a 12 digits individual identification number, issued by the ‘Unique Identification Authority of India’ of the Planning Commission on behalf of the Government of India.
2. This ‘Aadhaar’-Card will serve as a “Proof of Identity”/PoI and “Proof of Address”/PoA, anywhere in India.
3. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enrol for Aadhaar. Each individual needs to enroll only once which is free of cost.
4. Aadhaar will be Easily verifiable in an online, cost-effective way, unique and robust enough to eliminate the large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases
5. A random number generated, devoid of any classification based on caste, creed, religion and geography
6. You can go to any authorized Aadhaar enrollment center anywhere in India, wherever established, with your identity and address proofs.
7. UIDAI process accepts 18 documents as the Proof of Identity /PoI and 33 documents as the Proof of Address/PoA, including the following documents:
- Election photo ID card,
- Ration card,
- Driving license,
- Government Id Cards,
- IT PAN Card,
- Water/Elelectricity/Telephone bills for the last 3 months,
- Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead and
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas).
9. At the ‘Aadhaar Enrollment Center’, you will have to fill your personal details within the form.
Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrolment itself. You will get an acknowledgment slip with an temporary enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment.
The waiting time for receiving the “Aadhaar” card may normally vary from 60-90 days.