Last Updated on
Name: LATA MANGESHKAR
Known As: “Nightingale of India”
Father: Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar
Mother: Shevanti / Shudhamati
Date of Birth: 28th September 1929
- Padma Bhushan – 1969
- Padma Vibhushan – 1999
- Dada Saheb Phalke Award – 1989
- Bharat Ratna – 2001
- One of the Best Play Back Singers of India
- Started her Music Career in the year 1942
- Lata Mangeshkar had recorded about 25,000 solo, duet, and chorus-backed songs in 20 Indian languages between the years 1948 and 1974 and she was featured in the “Guinness Book of World Records” from 1974 to 1991 for having made the most recordings in the world.
- However in the year 2011 “Guinness” officially acknowledged that Lata Mangeskhar’s Sister Asha Bhosle as the “Most Recorded Artist” in music history.
”With changes taking place in the music scenario and with the focus on melody gradually fading away, I have reduced work in films. All through my career I wished to do more non-film recordings but due to film commitments, I could not. ”-Lata Mangeshkar