PBS had sung in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam and Tulu Movies and he had been very popular in Kannada, Telugu and Tamil Movies for his soft melodious voice.
The soft voice of PBS very well suited for Rajkumar of Kannada Cinema. And PBS was called the ‘Voice of Rajkumar’.
and Gemini Ganesan of Tamil Cinema.
PBS had been honoured by Tamilnadu Government with the “Kalaimamani” award and the Karnataka Government honoured him with the “Rajyotsava” award.
PBS had been very active in the field of singing from 1952 till 1978 and he had been active in the singing field without retirement till his death.
PBS has expired at the age of 82 years on 14th April 2013.
The following is a brief list of some of the ever-green melodies of PBS in Kannada and Tamil:–
- Aadisi Nodu,
- Olave Jeevana Sakshatkara,
- Panchama Veda Premada Nada,
- Vittala Vittala,
- Ivalu Yaaru Balleyanu,
- Aakashave Beelali Mele,
- Baare Baare,
- Ravivarmana Kunchada Kale
- Maanava Dehavu Moole Mamsada Tadike
- Naavaaduva Nudiye
- “Inbam Pongum Vennila Veesudhe”
- “Kannaley Pesi Pesi Kollathey”,
- “Vanitha Maniye”
- “Maalayil Malarsolaiyil”
- “Kaatru Veliyidai Kannamma”
- “Nilave Ennidam Nerungathe”
- ”Kalangalil Aval Vasantham”
- “Roja Malare Rajakumari”
- “Mayakamaa Kalakkamaa”