Last Updated on
The degrees awarded by such universities, should also be listed by the UGC under Section 22(3) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Also, the word ‘University’ cannot be used by any institution other than a university established by or under a Central or a State Act or a Provincial Act.
The University Grants Commission /UGC has identified and posted on its official website, a list of 21 self-styled, unrecognised institutions in nine states, which are functioning against the provisions of the UGC Act, 1956.
The following is the State-wise list of 21 fake universities in India, according to the University Grants Commission/UGC:
- Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi,
- United Nations University, Delhi,
- Vocational University, Delhi,
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110 008,
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala.
- Kesarwani Vidyapith, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- D.D.B. Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichi, Tamil Nadu.
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi,
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh,
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh,
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh,
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh,
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh,
- Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh,
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda,Makanpur,Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh,
- Gurukul Vishwavidyala, Vridanvan, Uttar Pradesh,
In the case of the ‘Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad”, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, the matter is subjudice before the District Judge – Lucknow.