Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
A Total of 77 Vacancies of Specialist Officers in various disciplines / streams as detailed below:
Candidates applying for post codes 01 to 03 should have obtained the prescribed minimum scores in the Common Written Examination for Specialist Officers conducted by IBPS in March 2012 and should be holding a valid score card issued by IBPS.
The basic knowledge in operating computer systems in Windows mode, knowledge of MSWord/Office, Spread Sheets like MS-Excel and Internet & Email familiarity is an essential qualification which a candidate must either possess before joining the bank services or acquire the same within a period of six months of joining the bank, in case the candidate is selected for appointment. For this purpose, the candidate is required to submit a certificate in support of this computer related qualification.
Application Fee / Intimation Charges (Non-Refundable):-
- Candidates can pay application fees / intimation charges through any of the Bank’s CBS branches / NEFT through any other Bank.
- Candidates who choose to pay fees through branches of the Bank should take a printout of the fee payment challan, fill it, visit the nearest CBS Branch of the Bank with the Fee payment Challan and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in ‘CBS Account No. 12371171000096’ with Sector 32 Gurgaon Branch in the name & style of “OBC SPECIALIST OFFICER’S RECRUITMENT PROJECT-2012-13”.
- Candidates who choose to pay fees through NEFT should visit the nearest branch of any Bank and pay, in Cash, the appropriate Application Fee in ‘Account No. 12371171000096’ with Sector 32, Gurgaon Branch (IFSC No.ORBC0101237) in the name & style of “OBC SPECIALIST OFFICERS RECRUITMENT PROJECT-2012-13”
- The CBS fee payment challan / NEFT Receipt contains two parts
- The first part will be retained by the Branch.
- The candidate’s copy of the fee payment challan / NEFT receipt must be retained with the candidate after the necessary details: (a) Branch Name & Code No, (b) Transaction id/Scroll number (in case of payment through CBS) NEFT UTR No. (in case of payment through NEFT) (c) Date of Deposit & amount filled by the Branch Official. (For post code nos. 01-03) are filled in by the bank official.
Candidates are also advised to keep a photocopy of the fee payment challan / NEFT receipt for reference.
- the minimum qualifying Standard Score in the Common Written Examination for Specialist Officers conducted by IBPS in March 2012 and
- rank sufficiently high in the order of merit based on the Total Weighted Score shall be called for a Personal Interview, depending on the number of vacancies
For Post Codes 04 to 09:
Candidates will be called for Group Discussion / Interview after preliminary screening / short-listing with reference to their qualification, suitability and experience etc.
However, the bank reserves the right to conduct written examination in case the number of applications received from eligible candidates is reasonably high.
Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank and subject to the Service & Conduct Rules of the Bank.
Only those candidates who are shortlisted for Personal Interview / Group Discussion will be intimated either by e-mail (online).
Names of candidates, shortlisted for Interview / Group Discussion, will also be available on the Bank’s website www.obcindia.co.in.
Therefore, candidates are advised to keep track of the same by visiting Bank’s website from time to time.
Candidates can download their call letters from the Bank’s website www.obcindia.co.in.
No communication / intimations regarding Interview / Group Discussion will be sent by post.
Other candidates will have to appear for interview / group discussion at their own expense.
The confirmation of the selected candidates in the bank shall be subject to the receipt of satisfactory report regarding character and antecedents from the Police authorities.
How to Apply:
Candidates can modify their Online Application Form and make corrections in the details filled in online application, if any, using the System Generated Application Registration Number and Password. The Modification facility shall be available two days after registration and up to 18 February 2013.
Modification will be allowed only 3 times. After the above date, no modification will be permitted.
Candidates should have a valid email ID that should be kept active during the currency of the recruitment project. Bank may send call letters for written test, interview etc.
through the registered e-mail ID.
After applying On-Line, candidates are required to take two (02) print outs of the duly filled in Computerised System Generated Application Form.
Candidates will be required to bring along the Original Documents for verification when invited for the Personal Interview/ Group Discussion.
Last Date to apply Online: 16th February 2013
Last Date for Payment of Application Fee: 16th February 2013
Last Date for Reprint of Online Application: 3rd March 2013