The new Railway Time Table will incorporate the Additions/Changes made in trains and Schedules of Trains, subsequent to the year’s Railways Budget.
The following are ‘Salient Features’ of the new Time Table of the Southern Railways wef. 01st July 2012.
Introduction of New Trains:
Two ‘AC Double-Decker’- Daily Express Trains between Chennai Central and Bangalore City via Jolarpet are introduced.
The date from which the trains will commence operations will be announced later.
The following are the timings of the new AC Double Decker Trains:
Train Number 22625 from Chennai Central to Bangalore City will
Depart from Chennai Central at 07 25 and
Arrive at Jolarpet at 10 33 and depart from Jolarpet at 10 35 and
Arrive at Bangalore City at 13 30
Train Number 22626 from Bangalore City to Chennai Central will
Depart from Bangalore City at 14 40 and
Arrive at Jolarpet at 17 00 and depart from Jolarpet at 17 02 and
Arrive at Chennai Central at 20 45.
Consequent to introduction of the above AC Double Decker Express Trains, more or less in the same timings of the Brindavan Express Trains between Chennai Central and Bangalore City, the timings of Train No. 12639/12640 Chennai Central – Bangalore City “Brindavan” (Daily) Express will be revised w.e.f. 01.07.2012 as below :
- Train Number 12639-Brindavan Express will depart from Chennai Central at 07 50 instead of at the present timing 07 15 and arrive at Jolarpet at 11 05 instead of at 10 30 and depart from Jolarpet at 11 07 instead of at 10 32 and arrive at Bangalore City at 14 00 instead of at 13 20.
- And Train Number 12640 – Brindavan Express will depart from Bangalore City at 15 10 instead of at 14 30 and arrive at Jolarpet at 17 23 instead of at 16 43 and depart Jolarpet at 17 25 instead of at 16 45 and arrive at Chennai Central at 21 15 instead of at 20 15.
There are many small changes in the departure and arrival timings of many trains at Chennai Central and Chennai Egmore. Given below are some of the major changes in timings, wherein the change in timings are more than 10 minutes:-
The following are some of the changes in departure timings of some trains at Chennai Central:
- Train No.12243-Duronto AC Non Stop Express From Chennai Central to Coimbatore will depart at 07 15 instead of at 06 50
- Train No.16041-Azhapuzha Express from Chennai Central to Alleppey will depart at 20 45 instead of at 21 15- On Diversion via Coimbatore
- Train No.12671- Nilgiri Express From Chennai Central to Mettupalayam will depart at 21 15 instead of at 21 00
The following are some of the changes in arrival timings of some trains at Chennai Central:
- Train No.11027-CST Mail from Mumbai CST to Chennai Central will arrive at 4 15 instead of at 04 55
- Train No.16042 Azhapuzha Chennai express from Azhapuzha to Chennai Central will arrive at 06 45 instead of at 06 05 –On Diversion via Coimbatore
- Train No.12244 Duronot Express from Coimbatore to Chennai Central will arrive at 22 05 instead of at 21 50
- Train No.12635-Vaigai Express from Chennai Egmore to Madurai will depart at 13 20 instead of at 12 45
- Train No.16723 –Ananthapuri Express from Chennai to Trivandrm will depart at 19 35 instead of at 19 15
- Train No.12693-Pearl City Express from Chennai Egmore to Tuticorin will depart from at 19 15 instead of at 19 35
- Train No.56038 Puducherry Chennai Fast Passenger from Puduchery to Chennai Egmore will arrive at 20 15 instead of at 19 45
In the Indian Railways Budget-2012, fares of First Class and all AC Classes were increased by 20%.