- People living in slums,
- Daily labourers,
- Load-men and
- Migrant workers.
The Government’s budget-canteens will offer from 7 am to 10 am and noon till 3 pm the following food items:
- Idli (100 gram) with sambar for Re 1/-,
- Sambar Rice (350 gram) at Rs. 5/- and
- Curd Rice (350 gram) at Rs. 3/-.
The Tamil Nadu Ware-housing Corporation will be supplying rice at subsidized prices to the budget-canteens.
Each canteen will be manned by 15 SHG- members who will be paid Rs 300/-per day.
As a first step of the above scheme, the Government’s budget-canteens have been opened in the following 15 zones in Chennai City on 19th February 2013:-
- Mathur, Manali
- Surapet, Madhavaram
- Old Washermenpet
- Pillaiyar Koil Street, Royapuram
- Oragadam, Ambattur
- Taylors Road, Kilpauk;
- Santhome High Road;
- Sivagnanam Salai, T.Nagar;
- North Mada Street, Maduravoyal;
- Nehru High Road, Nanganallur;
- Kuppam Kadarkarai Salai, Thiruvanmiyur;
- Anna Nedunchalai, Perungudi; and