The following Billionaires are in the latest Forbe’s List of “the richest men in India”:-
1. Mr.Mukesh Ambani, the Chairman of Reliance Industries tops the list, with $ 32 Billions of Wealth.
2. Mr.Lakshmi Mittal, the Steel Tycoon is in the second position with $ 30 Billions.
3. Mr.Anil Ambani, the younger brother of Mr.Mukesh Ambani is in the third position with $ 17.5 Billions.
4. Mr. Azim Premji, the Chairman of ‘Wipro Technologies’ is in the fourth position with $ 14.9 Billions.
5. Ms. Shashi & Ravi Ruia of the Essar Group are in the fifth position with 13.6 Billions.
According to Forbes, the combined wealth of India’s 100 richest persons amount to $ 276 Billions, which is aroung 25% of the country’s GDP.
There are 52 Billionairs in India, whereas last year there were only 27. In the year 2007 when Indian Stock Market was at boom the number of billionaires in India was 54.