At present there are 28 States and 7 Union Territories in India.States:-
1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Arunachal Pradesh
9. Himachal Pradesh
10. Jammu and Kashmir
14. Madhya Pradesh
24. Tamil Nadu
27. Uttar Pradesh
28. West Bengal
1. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
3. The NCT of Delhi
4. Dadra and Nagar Haveli
5. Daman and Diu
The bifurcation of states in India was mostly based on linguistic population in various parts of the country.
However there is demand for further bifurcation of states mosltly based again on languages/ castes and creed.
In the following existing States in India there is demand for further bifurcation of States as indicated below:-
1. Andhra Pradesh- Telangana
2. Andhra Pradesh –Rayalaseema
3. Assam- Bodoland
4. Assam-Karbi Anglong
5. Bihar-Angika speaking State
6. Bihar -Mithila
7. Delhi Union Territory-Delhi State
8. Gujarat- Saurashtra
9. Jammu and Kashmir –Ladakh
10. Jammu and Kashmir -Panun Kashmir
11. Karnataka -Kodagu
12. Karnataka and Kerala -Tulu Nadu
13. Madhyapradesh-. Bagelkhand
14. Madhya Pradesh –Mahakoshal
15. Madhya Pradesh -Vindhya Pradesh
16. Maharashtra -Vidarbha
17. Northern Deccan Plateau- Gondwana
18. Orissa- Koshal
19. Rajasthan -Maru Pradesh
20. Uttar Pradesh- Harit Pradesh
21. Uttar Pradesh -Purvanchal
22. Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh- Bundelkhand
23. West Bengal- Gorkhaland
24. West Bengal –Kamtapur
The above list is not exhaustive. There may arise some more demands from some state for separate state's.
Whether it is advisable to further break the country into smaller pieces is a question to be answered by administrative and political experts. The present Central Government of India is having the burden of taking the right decision at the right time in the matter of further dividing the existing states as per the demands made.
“Divide and Rule” is a policy handled by the then British Government which ruled India for more than a century.
It is a fact that if administration is divided into parts the efficiency will be more subject to efficient supervision and co-orndination.
It is notable that the Government of India is planning to divide the Internal Affairs Ministry for better administration.
Tag Do You Know India News