Last Updated on
The Indian Railways has introduced a “New Tatkal Scheme” wef 10th July 2012.
As Per the “New Tatkal Scheme”:
- The passengers can book train tickets for the trains of the next day under “Tatkal Scheme” at exclusive counters at the Reservation Centers from 10 00 am to 12 00 noon,
- Authorized Travel Agents and the Agents of the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will be allowed to book Tatkal tickets from 10 00 am to 12 00 noon,
- There will be separate “Tatkal Counters” and Separate Queues for “Tatkal Tickets” at Railway Reservation Centers,.
- CCTVs will also be installed at booking counters to monitor the ‘Taktal’ bookings at Reservations Centers,
- Passengers must carry self-attested photo copies of Photo Identity Proofs to book under the “New Tatkal “ Scheme,
- A maximum of only four passengers can be booked on a single ticket in the “New Tatkal Scheme”.
- Authorizes Agents can book online using internet, only one ticket per day, per train after 12 00 noon,
- Passengers booking tickets online using the internet under the “New Tatkal Scheme” can book only two tickets from 10 00 am to 12 00 noon.
According to the Railways Authorities, because of the above rules of the “New Tatkal Scheme” the black marketers will have less time to sell train tickets at premiums.
- reduction of timings for tatkal bookings and
- the staggering of commencing time from 08 00 am to 10 00 am, which will affect office goers and
- the restriction of the number of passengers to 4 passengers per ticket and
- the restriction of online booking of “Tatkal Tickets”.