Last Updated on
The following are the latest rules of IRCTC Train Tickets Bookings wef 15th February 2016:
1) An Individual User can book a maximum of 6 Tickets in a month using the IRCTC- Website, online.
According to the Indian Railways, 90 % of the Individual Users of IRCTC have been booking a maximum of 6 Tickets in a month and only 10 % of the Individual Users are booking more than 6 Tickets in a month.
2) Individuals are allowed to book only 2 tickets per user-ID in a day, from 8 am to 10 am.
3) Individuals are allowed to book only 2 tickets per user-ID in a day, for ‘Tatkal Booking’, from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon.
4) ‘Quick Book Option’ will be disabled from 08 am to 12 noon
5) All types of ‘Train Ticketing Agents:
Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendra/YTSK, Rail Travellers’ Service Agents/RTSA, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation /IRCTC agents etc., have been debarred from booking tickets, during the first 30 minutes of opening of booking, i.e. :
- from 08 am to 08:30 am- for General Bookings and
- from 10 am to 10:30 am for ‘Tatkal Booking’ for AC Classes and
- from 11:00 am to 11:30 am for ‘Tatkal Booking’ for Non-AC classes,
6).Bookings will not be allowed through ‘e-wallet’ and ‘cash cards’ from 08 am to 12 noon.
7) Only one booking in one user login session will be allowed between 08 am and 12 noon, except for return/onward journey.
HAPPY JOURNEY TO ALL THE INDIAN TRAIN TRAVELERS!