Vijay Mallya is one of the biggest and the most popular businessmen of India.
The Liquor Brands of Vijay Mallya’s Group include the following:
- King Fisher Beer,
- Royal Challenge,
- Bag Piper,
- Romanov and
- Black Dog etc.
- Berger Paints,
- Best and crompton,
- Mangalore Chemicals& Fertilizers,
- The Asian Age Newspaper and
- Cine Blitz (A Bollywood Cinema Magazine).
Vijay Mallya married Rekha from Coorg, who was known to him since his childhood days, in the year 1993.
The couple -Vijay Mallya and Rekha have 2 daughters –Leanna and Tanya.
- Honorary degree of Doctorate of Philosophy in Business Administration, by the Southern California University for Professional Studies- 1997
- Officer de la Legion d’ Honneur, a high award of recognition in France.
- Global Leader for Tomorrow, World Economic Forum.
- Entrepreneur of the Year award at The Asian Awards-2010
- ‘The Sword of Tipu Sultan’ for £1, 75,000 in the year 2004, at an auction in London,
- 30 other items owned by Tipu Sultan from Auction Houses in the United Kingdom and
- The belongings of Mahatma Gandhi for US $ 1.8 Million in an auction held at New York, USA
As of the year 2013, the Net Worth of Vijay Mallya had been approximately US$750 million.
After the downfall of the King Fisher Airlines, his Net Worth has been reported by many sources to have come down to US $ 250 Million.
Vijay Mallya is a ‘car lover’ and has a collection of more than 200 cars and many of his cars are in California, USA.
- Vijay Mallya loves Bentley
- His favourite wine is ‘Ferrari Carano’
- He speaks fluently in: Bengali, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Gujarati and English; he also knows French.
- His favourite sweets are mishti doi and chocolates
- His favourite colour is Red
- He listens to English Retro Music of the 60’s and 70’s
- He is busy always in work or partying. (His wife Rekha on the other hand hates party)
- He makes sure to celebrate every family member’s birthday by being personally present.
- On his birthday (18th December) he gets the entire family together beside him.
- Forbes has listed Vijay Mallya in ‘Billionaires’ ranking for many years till the year 2013.
- His Kingfisher Airlines, which owes banks over $1 billion, have not paid salaries for 15 months to its staff members
- Blackberry is his constant companion.