Orange is one of the most favorite Citrus Fruits available throughout the world. Oranges can be eaten after peeling the skin and removing the seeds or Orange Juice can be prepared and drunk, with water and sugar added. Even raw Orange Juice can be drunk. Orange is rich in Vitamins, especially, Vitamin C ,which protects our body against harmful elements.
In 100 grams of Orange the following are the various Nutrients:-
- Vitamin A : 190 I.U.
- Vitamin B : Thiamine0.08 mg
- Vitamin C : 49 mg.
- Calcium : 33 mg.
- Phosphorus : 23 mg.
- Potassium : 300 mg.
- Calories : 60
Orange contains less quantity of the following:-
- Folic Acid
Nutritional Benefits of Orange :-
- Betacarotene, an antioxidant present in Orange protects our cells from damage
- Calcium in Orange helps to protect and maintain the health of our bones and teeth.
- Folic Acid in Orange helps in brain development.
- Magnesium in Orange helps to maintain Blood Pressure.
- Potassium in Orange helps to maintain Electrolyte balance in the cells, and is useful in maintaining a healthy Cardiovascular system.
- Thiamin in Orange helps to convert food into energy.
- Vitamin B6 in Orange helps in the production of Hemoglobin which carries Oxygen to all parts of our body.
- Drinking Orange Juice will reduce the desire for drinking Alcoholic drinks in Persons addicted to alcohol.
- Consumption of large quantities of Oranges will decrease the outpouring of mucus secretions from the nose.
- Regular consumption of Orange juice will significantly increase HDL levels and improve the LDL–HDL ratio.
Orange is Beneficial in the following diseases and conditions :-
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Diseases
- Bowel Disorders/Constipation/ Indigestion
- Cough, Cold and Fever
- Pimples and Acne
- Respiratory Problems
- Alcohol Addiction
- Prevention of Kidney Stones
- Prevention of Diabetes
- Cholesterol control
You can limit the consumption of beverages such as Coffee and Tea, and take fruit Juices, such as Orange Juice, Lime Juice etc.