Ms.J.Jayalalitha , the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, had been very close to Ms. Sasikala and family. At present both the friends have been facing joint and several disproportionate wealth case/s in a Special Court in Bangalore.In the year 1996, after losing the General Elections, Ms. Jayalalitha announced that she was disassociating herself from Ms. V.K. Sasikala. However, after Ms. Sasikala was released from prison on bail, she returned to Ms. Jayalalithaa’s Poes Garden residence.
At present it is reported that there is rift between Ms. J.Jayalalitha and Ms. Sasikala indicated by the resignation/transfer of the following 2 officials close to Ms.Sasikala and family:
- Mr. A. Panneerselvam, Officer on special duty, Special Programme Implementation Department has resinged and
- Mr. Pon. Manickavel, D.I.G, Intelligence has been transferred.
According to the AIADMK party sources the interference of Ms. Sasikala and her family members in the administration and political overreach are the reasons for their total removal from the party.
It is also said that Ms. Sasikala had been speculating with the aid of astrologers as to what would be the judgment in the ‘disproportionate wealth case/s, taken up for trial in the Special Court in Bangalore.
Perhaps, it was doubted by Ms. Jayalalitha that Ms. Sasikal and family have been in the process of identifying the next Chief Minister, in case Ms. Jayalalitha would have to go into Jail.`
On 20th December 2011, Ms. J.Jayalalitha expelled from all the Key Posts and even the Primary Membership of the AIADMK:
- Mr. Natarajan, the husband of Ms.Sasikala, an ex- Public Relations Officer of the Government of Tamilnadu.
The other family members and persons close to Ms. Sasikala and family expelled from the AIADMK by Ms.J.Jayalallitha are the following 12 persons:
Sons of Ms. Sasikala’s sister Ms. Vanithamani :
1. Mr.T.T.V. Dinakaran, who had also served as .Member of Parliament of both Rajya Sabha and the Lok Sabha.
2. Mr. V. Bhaskaran, who was the Managing Director of JJ TV before the launch of the Official Channel of AIADMK- Jaya TV. And he was arrested arrested on charges of Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA) violations.
3. Mr. V.N. Sudhagaran, Son of Mr.T.T.V. Dinakaran, who was declared a foster son by Ms. Jayalalithaa in 1995, and disowned by her later. Ms Jayalalithaa organised the wedding of Mr. V.N. Sudhagaran in a very grand manner spending a huge sum of money. However, when the AIADMK was in power in the year 2001, he was arrested on charges of attempt to murder under Section 307 of the Indian Penal Code and provisions of the Arms Act, and the Narcotics Act, for allegedly possessing a revolver and heroin.
4. Dr. S. Venkatesh, a doctor, is the son of Ms. Sasikala’s brother Mr.Sundaravadhanan. He was the secretary of Ilaignar and Ilampengal Pasarai (Youth and young women brigades).
5. Mr. Divakar, a brother of Ms. Sasikala
6. Mr. T.V. Mahadevan, son of another Mr. Vinodhagan, another brother of Ms. Sasikala, a former Secretary of Jayalalitha Peravai.
7. Mr. M. Ramachandran, the brother Mr. Natarajan,
8. Mr. Eravanan,
9. Mr. Adyar Mohan,
10. Mr. Kulothungan,
11. Mr. Rajarajan and
12. Mr. Thangamani.
the corrupt should be punished