The Following is a List of Popular Indians who died in JANUARY 2015:
1. On 02nd January 2015 DR.VASANTH GOWARIKAR died at the age of 81 years, at Pune, due to ‘Dengue Fever & Urinary Infection’.
Dr.Vasanth Gowarikar, born at Pune in Maharashtra, had been an Indian Scientist & the Former Chairman of the ‘Indian Space Research Organization’/ISRO,
2. On 04th January 2015 MR.CHITRESH DAS died at the age of 70 years, at San Rafael in California- USA, due to ‘Aneurysm’ (Bulging of Blood Vessels).
Chitresh Das, born in Kolkata in West Bengal, had been an Indian Dancer, Instructor & Choreographer, who had performed in India, USA and Europe.
3. On 04th January 2015 MR.AHUTI PRASAD died at the age of 57 years, at Hyderabad in Andhra Pradesh, due to ‘Colon Cancer’.
Ahuti Prasad, born at Koduru of Krishna District in Andhra Pradesh State, had been a Telugu Movies- Assistant Director & Villain Actor.
4. On 04th January 2015 MR.UPENDRA TRIVEDI died in Mumbai, at the age of 78 years, due to ‘Respiratory Arrest’.
Upendra Trivedi, born in Indore in Madhya Pradesh, had been a Gujarati Stage & Movies Actor and a Politician, who had been the Member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly and the Deputy Speaker of the Gujarat Assembly.
5. On 05th January 2015 MR.GANESH PATRO died at the age of 69 years, at Chennai in Tamil Nadu State, due to ‘Cancer’.
Mr.Ganesh Patro, born at Parvathipuram Village near Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh State, had been a Telugu Playwright & Screenwriter.
Mr.Ganesh Patro had scripted for many hit Telugu Movies such as: ‘Maro Charithra’, ‘Idi Kadha Kadu’, ‘Mayuri’, ‘Rudraveena’, ‘Seetharamayya Gari Manavaralu’ and ‘Seethamma Vaakitlo Sirimallechettu’, including, Telugu Movies of Director K.Balachander’s remade / dubbed from his Tamil Movies.
6. On 07th January 2015, MR.SUBHAS ANANDAN died at the age of 67 years, in Singapore, due to ‘Heart Failure’.
Subhas Anandan, born in Kerala had been a popular Lawyer in Singapore.
7. On 07th January 2015, DR.B.S.ABDUR RAHAMAN died at the age of 87 years, in Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, after a protracted illness.
B.S.Abdur Rahaman, born at Keelakkarai in Ramnad District, Tamil Nadu, had been a Business Executive, Philanthropist & Educationalist, who had been in various business activities, such as Insurance, Education, Constructions and Shipping Companies in India and the UAE.
The ‘East Coast Constructions’ founded by B.S.Abdur Rahaman had been associated with the constructions of many public fly overs and buildings in Chennai, including, the first 2 Fly Overs built in Chennai, the ‘Gemini’ Fly over/Anna Fly over and the Kodambakkam Fly over, Chepauk M.A.Chidambaram Stadium, Valluvar Kottam, the new ‘Marina Light House’ and the Greams Road ‘Apollo Hospitals Complex’, the ‘Government General Hospita’l, The ‘Raheja Towers’ and ‘Citi Centre Mall’.
In the field of Education, Dr.B.S.Abdul Rahaman had launched ‘The Seethakathi Trust’ and started: ‘TheThaseem Beevi Abdul Kader Women’s College’ in Ramanathapuram, ‘The Crescent Engineering College’ near Vandalur, Chennai and formed the ‘B.S.Abdur Rahaman University’ and the ‘Islamic Studies and Cultural Centre’ and the ‘B S Abdur Rahman Zakat Foundation Trust’.
8. On 09th January 2015, MRS.JASODHARA BAGCHI died at the age of 77 years in Kolkata, due to ‘Cardiac Arrest’.
Jasodhara Bagchi , born in Kolkata had been a Feminist, Critic & a Professor in English, was the wife of Indian Economist Mr. Amiya Bagchi. She is the ‘Founder-Director’ of the ‘School of Women’s Studies’, at Jadavpur University.
Jasodhara has written books on women’s issues, such as: ‘Indian Women: Myth and Reality’ (1989) and a Benglai book: ‘Parijayee Nari O Manabadhikar’/Migrating Women and Human Rights’,
9. On 13th January 2015, MR.HARA PATNAIK died, at the age of 56 years, at Bhubaneswar, Odisha, due to ‘Cancer’.
Hara Patnaik born at Bhubaneswar, Odisha was an Oriya Movies Actor, Director, Screen Play Writer & Singer.
10. On 15th January 2015, RAMESHWAR THAKUR died in Delhi at the age of 87 years, due to ‘Cardiac Arrest’.
Rameshwar Thakur, born in Gangti Village of Godda District in the State of Jharkhand, was a Politician- a member of the Indian National Congress /INC. Rameshwar Thakur had been the Governor of Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
11. On 16th January 2015, GHELUBHAI NAYAK died at Ahwa in Dang district in Gujarat State, at the age of 91 years, due to ‘Cardiac Arrest’.
Ghelubhai Nayak, born in Laxmiben near Gandevi of Valsad District in Gujarat State, was a Political Activist.
12. On 17th January 2015, GOBINDA HALDER died at the age of 84 years in Kolkata, due to age related problems and kidney failure.
Gobinda Halder, born at Bangaon in the ‘Bengal Presidency’, was a Bengali Lyricist and Poet.
Gobinda Halder has written many patriotic poems, including, “Mora Ekti Phulke Bachabo Bole Juddho Kori”, “Ek Sagor Rokter Binimoye Banglar Swadhinata Anlo Jara”, “Purbo Digonte Surjo Uthechhe Rokto Lal” and “Padma Meghna Jamuna Tomar Amar Thikana”, in the year 1971, during the Bangladesh Liberations War.
13. On 18th January 2015 Indian Mathematician- DR.VINAY VITAHAL DEODHAR died at the age of 66 years, after suffering from a debilitating disease for the last several years.
Dr.Vinay Vithal Deodhar obtained his Ph.D. in the year 1974, from the University of Mumbai, for his work on ‘Central Extensions of Rational Points of Algebraic Groups, done by him under Dr.M.S.Raghunathan.
Vinay V Deodhar had been a ‘Visiting Scholar’ at the ‘Institute for Advanced Study’ in New Jersey, USA.
Vinay Vithal Deodhar was a Professor Emeritus with the Department of Mathematics (algebraic groups and representation theory) at the Indiana University, USA.
14. On 18th January 2015, MR.HARISH CHANDRA SRIVASTAVA died at the age of 90 years, due to prolonged illness.
Harish Chandra Srivastava, born at Manikpur Village in Goraphpur in UP, had been a UP State Bharthiya Janatha Party/BJP Leader and a UP State Cabinet Minister.
15. On 19th January 2015, MR.RAJNI KOTHARI died at the age of 85 years, at Patparganj in Ease Delhi.
Rajni Kothari was an Indian Political Scientist, Political Theorist, Academician and Writer. In the year 1963.
Rajni Kothari had founded the ‘Centre for the Study of Developing Societies’/ CSDS, a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Institute in Delhi.
In the year 1980, he started ‘Lokayan’/ ‘Dialogue of the People’, a forum for interaction between activists and intellectuals.
Rajni Kothari had been associated with the ‘Indian Council of Social Science Research /ICSSR, the ‘International Foundation for Development Alternatives’/IFDA and the ‘People’s Union for Civil Liberties’/ PUCL.
16. On 23rd January 2015 MR.MAILAVARAPU SURYA NARAYANA/M.S.NARAYANA died in Hyderabad, at the age of 63 years,due to ‘Multi-Organ Failure’.
M.S.Narayana, born in Nidamarru of West Godavari district in the State of Andhra Pradesh, had been a Lecturer, Movie Director and Telugu Comedy Actor.
17. On 24th January 2015 MS.AISHA CHOUDHARY died at Gurgaon in Haryana State at the age of 18 years.
Aisha Choudhary, was born in the year 1996, with an ‘immune deficiency disorder’ and she was diagnosed having ‘pulmonary fibrosis’, when she was 6 months old and she underwent a ‘bone marrow transplant’.
Aisha Choudhary, had been delivering ‘Inspirational Talks’ of ‘Positive Attitude’ towards life and learning, since she had been 15 years.
Aisha Choudhary was an ‘INK Fellow’ and she had delivered her motivational talks in the ‘INK Conferences’ in the year 2011 and 2013. Also, Aisha Choudhary was a speaker at the ‘TEDxPune’ in the year 2013.
On 13th April 2015, Aisha Choudhary’s book – ‘ My Little Epiphanies’ was released by the Vice President of India.
18. On 24th January 2015 V.S.RAGHAVAN died in Chennai, at the age of 90 years, due to ‘Pancreatic Cancer’.
V.S.Raghavan, born at Vembakkam near Kanchipuram, had been a Tamil Stage, Movies &Television- Character Actor,
19. On 25th January 2015 MS.SAROJINI MAHISHI died in Kazhiabad near Delhi in UP,at the age of 88 years.
Ms.Sarojini Mahishi, born in Karnataka, had been a Translator & Politician- 4 times, a Member of Lokh Sabha, from the Dharwad North constituency and also a Member of the Rajya Sabha & Former Vice Chair Person of the Rajya Sabha and also a former Minister of State for Civil Aviation, in Mrs.Indira Gandhi’s Ministry.
Sarojini Mahishi had been the President of the ‘Sansadiya Hindi Parishad’ and the ‘Delhi Karnataka Sangha’.
Sarojini had translated many Kannada and Marathi works into Hindi.
20. On 26th January 2015 MR.R.K.LAXMAN died in Pune, Maharashtra, at the age of 93 years, due to multiple strokes from the year 2010 and ultimately, ‘Urinary Infection’, ‘Chest Related Problems’ and ‘Multi-Organs Failures’.
Mr.R.K.Laxman, born in Mysore in Karnataka in British India, had been a popular ‘Cartoonist’, Humourist & ‘Illustrator’.
The ‘Comman Man’ character in R.K.Laxman’s Cartoons has become very popular.
21. On 27th January 2015 DR.JOSE PEREIRA died in New York, at the age of 84 years, due to ‘Parkinson’s disease’.
Dr.Jose Pereira, a native of Corjem, Curtorim in Goa who was born in Mumbai, had been a Sanskrit Scholar, Writer, Historian & Artist-Fresco Painter.
Dr.Jose Pereira has written ‘Research Articles’ and ‘Papers’ on many issues and written books on various subjects, such as: literature, architecture, theology, music, including ‘Hindu Theology’, ‘Monolithic Jinas’, ‘Konkani Mandakini’, ‘Songs of Goa’ /Mando and ‘Golden Goa’s Art’.
22. On 28th January 2015 MALA ARAVINDAN died in Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu State, at the age of 76 years, due to a ‘Massive Heart Attack’.
Mala Aravindan born at Vadavucode in Ernakulam district of Kerala State, had been a ‘Tabla Artist’ and a popular Malayalam Comedy Actor.
23. 28th MR.JASWANTH SINGH RAJPUT died at the age of 88 years, at Kolkata in West Bengal, due to prolonged illness.
Jaswanth Singh Rajput, born in Delhi of British India, had been an Indian Field Hockey Player, who had participated in Olympics Hockey and won 2 Gold Medals in the 1948 Summer Olympics and in the 1952 Helsinki Olympics.
24. 29th SUBHASH GHISINGH died in New Delhi, at the age of 78 years, due to ‘Cirrhosis and Liver Cancer’.
Subhash Ghisingh, born at Manju Tea Estate near Mirik in Darjeeling district, had been the founder-leader of ‘Gorkha National Liberation Front’/GNLF and the chairman of the ‘Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council’ in West Bengal.