You can get a Cooking Gas/LPG connection from any one of the following
3 PSU / Government Gas Companies:
Indane Gas of Indian Oil Corporation
Bharat Gas of Bhartat Petroleum and
HP Gas of Hindustan Petroeum
Choose any one from the above 3 Gas Companies.
STEP 2 : Approach the Dealer of the Gas Company near your residence
You should not have an LPG connection from any of the PSU Oil Compnies.
STEP 3: Register or Book for the New Gas Connection with the Gas Dealer
For registering or booking for a new gas connection with your gas dealer,
you will have to produce one or more of the following for
Address Proof and Personal Identity Proof:
- Ration Card
- Voter’s Identity Card
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Employer’s Certificate
- Flat allotment / possession letter
- House registration papers
- LIC policy
- IT PAN card
- Driving License
- Any Photo identification issued by Central/State Government
- ‘Aadhaar’- Number allotment letter
- Rent Receipt/Rental Agreement
- House Registration Paper/s
- Self declaration attested by Gazetted officer.
In Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, as per the requirement of the State Government, Ration
Card is a must for issue of new connection for prospective domestic LPG customer
STEP 3: Payment of Refundable Deposit For Gas Cylinder/s and the Regulator:
On registration, the Gas distributor will send you an intimation letter
through registered post.
to the distributor to get the connection.
The LPG Gas connection will be released to you
immediately upon payment of the deposit amount as detailed below:
In the North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram,
Nagaland and Manipur
- Rs 900/- for 14.2 kg cylinder andRs 350/- for 5 kg cylinder and
- Rs 100/- for the regulator
In all other places in India/Rest of India :
- Rs 1250/- for 14.2 kg cylinder andRs 350/- for 5 kg cylinder and
- Rs 150/- for the regulator
However before release of an LPG connection, you should be in possession of
an ISI mark Hotplate conforming to IS:4246 and a Suraksha LPG hose confirming to IS:9573 (Type IV).
You may purchase the Gas Stove and the hose from the dealer also.
Once I completed reading this topic I found that getting a gas connection is very easy. Thanks for sharing a useful post.