On 14th November 2013, ‘The Children’s Day’ of India, ‘Google’ has celebrated with a doodle on its home page.
The ‘Googl’s Doodle’, to celebrate India’s Children’s Day, is a painting by Ms.Gayatri Ketharaman, a 15-year-old girl-student of Class X of ‘Bishop’s Co-Education School’ at Pune, India.
Gayatri’s doodle, titled ‘Sky’s The Limit For Indian Women’, has been selected as the ‘Overall Winner’ of Google’s “Doodle 4 Google India 2013 – Celebrating Indian Women”- Contest.
The prize winning Doodle, created by Gayatri Ketharaman:
- Starts with a dancing woman who is arched to represent the grace and feminine side of Indian women in the place of “G”,
- One rupee coin and a symbol for home, representing how Indian women take care of work as well as home have been used in the places of the two “o”s,
- Earth and Moon showing that the Indian women are go-getters have been used in the place of “g”,
- A woman holding a kid showing the caring nature of Indian women in the place of “l” and
- A police cap which shows that when required Indian women can wear different hats and can be tough and brave, in the place of “e”.
Gayatri has been declared as the ‘Overall -National Winner’ apart from and along with 3 other winners in 3 different categories (From Class 1 To 3, From Class 4 To 6 and From Class 7 To 10) from the 12 finalists across the country, by:
- ‘Actress Kirron Kher
- and the contest’s judge, political cartoonist Ajit Ninan of Hyderabad, Andhrapradesh, India.