“Indian Railways” is the largest employer in India. The employees of Indian Railways will have good working conditions and their salary and other benefits will be attractive with:-
- Free Railways Passes for travel in Trains
- Medical facilities for self and dependents
- Railways Schools for Children’s education
- Accomodation facilities
- Railways Co-operative Societies facilities
At present, there are many Job Openings for:-
- Degree(Four Years) Holders in Engineering of various Branches
- Diploma Holders in Engineering of various Branches
- Degree Holders
- Matriculates with ITI of various Branches
The advertisement of the above Job Openings has been published by Regional Recruitment Board Chennai (RRB Chennai) vide their Advertisement No: JEN.NO:- 01/2009, for a total vacancies of 1523.
The last date for applying for the above posts is 20th April 2009(5.00 p.m.)
The closing date will be 05th May 2009 (5.00 p.m) for candidates residing in:-
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of
- Himachal Pradesh
- Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands
- Foreign countries.
There will be single stage written examinations for the various posts and the examinations will be held at various places which will be notified by the RRB Chennai.
The Examination Fees for most of the vacancies is Rs 60/- and for some posts the Examination Fees is Rs 40/-.
Applications in the prescribed format, to be neatly typed in A 4 sheet giving all the required particulars along with the equired enclosures should be sent by ‘ordinary post’ to reach on or before 20/04/2009 to the following address:-
“Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Chennai, 5, Dr. P.V. Cherian Crescent Road, Behind Ethiraj College, Egmore, Chennai – 600008”.
For further details and downloading various form such as “Community Certificate”, “Medical Certificate” and other declarations visit the website of RRB Chennai.