Last Updated on
Padmanabhaswamy Temple is the richest temple in the world.Temple is located in state Kerala,India.This temple is very famous for its secret chambers full of treasures which makes it as the richest temple.
Secrets of Padmanabhaswamy temple
It has treasure of SIX VAULTS where 4 are opened and valued as $2 billion and 2 vaults are yet to be opened which is estimated as $700 billion.Thus making it the richest temple in the world.
Quick Facts on Padmanabhaswamy temple in India
- It is one of the 108 Divya Desams.
- The temple is built in an fusion of the Kerala style and the Dravidian style of architecture.
- It has a Pandyan style gopuram, which is of 100-foot and 7-tier laid in 1566.
- Only Hindu devotees are allowed to enter the temple.
- Padmanabhaswamy temple dress code is strict. Women should wear a saree or a skirt or blouse and men should wear a dhoti.
- In June 2011, the Supreme Court directed the authorities from the archaeology department and the fire services, to open the secret vaults of the temple for inspection of the items kept inside.
- Vault B has not been opened for centuries.While trying to open on court direction they discovered another wooden door behind,further breaking that was another iron door.Meanwhile the royal family got stay of opening the vault B.
- It is believed that the door of this chamber is protect by snake god and be opened only by sadhus.
- The discovery of the treasure is considered to be the largest collection of items of gold and precious stones in the recorded history of the world.
- 24/7 Top Security is been placed by Government of India.
- Temple has secured statue of Maha Vishnu which is three and half feet of pure gold and also decorated with hundreds of diamond and other gems.It weighs 30Kgs.
- The vaults also had hundreds of pure gold chairs and thousands of gold pots.