Last Updated on
In the period of 20 years between 1989 and 2010, Sachin Tendulkar:-
- has played 169 Test Matches, surpassing the former Australian Captain Steve Waugh who played 168 Test Matches in his career.
- has also played 442 one-day internationals, just two matches less than the Srilankan Cricket-Star -Sanath Jayasuriya’s record of 444.
- has scored 13,742 runs in 168 Tests at an average of 56.08, with 48 Centuries, ( including 5 Double Centuries) and 55 Half-Centuries.
- has scored 17,598 runs, including 46 centuries, in his 442 One-Day Matches.
- is the First player to reach 10,000-11,000-12,000-13,000-14,000-15,000, 16,000 and 17,000 ODI runs.
- holds the record for scoring 1,000 ODI runs in a calendar year. He has done it seven times in the years: 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007.
- has received the most number of “Man of the Match Award”s.
- has been conferred on by the Indian Government with the “Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award”, “Arjuna Award” and “Padma Shri”. He is the only Indian Sports Star to have received all of them.
We have many more items to mention as Sachin Tendulkar’s individual and joint achievements in cricket.
After scoring his 5th Double Century in his 37 years of age, in the Test Match against Srilanka in July 2010, Sachin Tedulkar told that age was not a barrier for achievements. Anybody can achieve anything in any field, and especially in cricket at any age.
Sachin Tendulkar has advised the young cricket player to:-
- dream and to
- chase their dreams and
- be sincere and honest in chasing their dreams and .
- prepare and practise before playing in any match.
Sachin Tendulkar has been breaking the previous records of many Cricket Players of many other countries. He hopes and wishes that his records will be and must be broken by some younger Cricket Player.
However Sachin Tendulkar hopes and wishes that the cricket player to break his records will be and must be an “Indian Player”.